Tuesday, February 9, 2010

We've seen the wide range of "canvases" that can be stenciled -- walls, tables, notebooks, etc. -- but here's one I never thought about until I saw it here (via Craftzine ) Bloesem The project originally...
DIY stenciled plateware
DIY stenciled plateware

We've seen the wide range of "canvases" that can be stenciled -- walls, tables, notebooks, etc. -- but here's one I never thought about until I saw it here (via Craftzine)

Bloesem

The project originally comes from a Dutch magazine called 101 Woonideeen, and though I can't understand a word of it, the gorgeous images transcend all languages.

Thankfully, the Dutch blogger Bloesem has translated for us.

In short, the instructions call for cutting a stencil pattern on adhesive foil, placing it over a plate, then painting over the stencil.

A few years ago, Sherry Olsen did a free-hand painting project on thrift-store china using ceramic paint for Readymade. The Pebeo Porcelaine brand seemed to be safe for food and dishwasher.

Readymade

Since I'm not the most adept free-hand artist, I'm going to give the stenciling project a shot.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/wallflower/detail?blogid=126&entry_id=56815#ixzz0f4vpNCvz

1 comment: